Monday, February 29, 2016

Peter Laing by the Numbers Part 3

F 641 Boxer with rifle adv; F 640 Boxer with halbert; F 643 Imperial Chinese with rifle adv; F 614 Pathan firing, standing; F 638 Naval rating adv (straw hat).

Back of the above figures.

F 620 Zulu adv, raised assegai; Zulu rifleman ad; F 616 Zulu marching; F 613 Fuzzy Wuzzy with sword; F  603 British infantry advancing.

Back of the above.


F2010 U.S. inf with Browning A.R.; F 2009 US inf Thompson m/gunner; F 2007 US rifleman adv: F 2005 Brit inf 2" mortar man.

Back of the above figures.

F 2004 Brit inf Bren gunner; F 2001 Brit rifleman adv; F 2003 Brit inf sten gunner; F 2002 Brit inf officer.

Back of the above figures.

F 2012 US inf ammo carrier; F 2010 US inf with Browning A.G.; F 2011 US inf 60mm mortar man; F 2018 German inf ammo carrier; F 2016 German lt m/gunner.

Back of the above figures.

F 2017 German inf 50mm mortar man; F 2013 German rifleman adv; F 2015 German sub m/gunner;  F 2014 German inf officer.

Back of the above figures.

5 comments:

  1. I have never seen the Boxers before - though ironically I have a lot of the Imperial Chinese regulars, though they were acquired as something else in a job lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might have a few more Imperial Chinese infantry that are paint as sailors. I will have go look for them. Aside from the Imperial Chinese infantryman, the other 4 figures in the first pictures are new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again just marvellous, I wish I could help you in your collecting, I have given myself a stern talking to about not trying to collect myself. There would be no point anyway as yourself and Ian Dury appear to have cornered the market. Your metal detecting skills are forensic ! Are there any copies of catalogues on line so I can identify any figures that come across as Laing figures ? Thanks again for sharing, have been looking at Ian Durys stuff as well, also lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, I presume that you have seen my Peter Laing figures collection on Google+? I have scanned Peter's catalogue, so I will put it on there

      Delete
  4. There is no reason why if you are interested in collecting you shouldn't give it a try. Ian will actually send emails to us interested in figures; often we know who is bidding and will express if we are planning on bidding on different lots. I have in the past withheld bidding on figures I already have so others can get them. This lot was actually sold in the USA; finding PLs stateside is a rare thing. Most figures I have bought have been overseas. Ian downloaded a Peter Laing catalog, although there is no illustrations. Just so you know, I have found toy soldiers collectors a generous group and I personally have received several lots of Peter Laing for free.

    ReplyDelete