Friday, November 17, 2017

This Week in Wargaming

It has been a productive week as far as my wargaming is concerned.

I was hoping to get a rather large lot of Britain's "B" series  44mm figures, which would have given me 4 new figures that I don't have. Unfortunately, I lost the bidding at the last second. While watching this lot, I did come across a single "B" series Coldstream Guard figure, which I ended up purchasing.

I also bought a lot of 16 30mm semi round figures; a very nice lot which has me pulling out my  semi round figures with the intention of using them soon. I originally was thinking of repainting them as Austrians from the 1860's, however, the paint isn't in as bad shape as I thought and I'm not sure I can bring myself to repaint them.

I managed to play two games. One I used my Peter Laing Army of Counterpane, the other game I used my Caesar miniatures fantasy figures. In this game, the humans were the evil army, the goblins simply defending their woods.

All in all, it was the most successful week I've had in a few months.
Britain's "B" series Coldstream Guardsman


Britain's "B" series figures.

"New" 30mm semi rounds.


Counterpane Army facing German army.

Among the Counterpane casualties was the hero of their first battle (center with chevron of merit).

Good goblins vs. Evil humans.


Comparing 30mm semi round figures on Heroscape terrain.

9 comments:

  1. John
    Lovely B series Britains figures - with your casting skills do you think you can make some copies for personal use? I only have one or two - sailors - but attractive figures.
    Good to see the Laings in action.
    Mark Man of TIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark, I have made a mold of the soldier in the home service helmet. I would like to get enough figures for a Little Wars type game. Wither I use the "B" series or my 30mm semi rounds I'm not sure of yet.
      For quick games the Peter Laings are my usual goto figures.

      Delete
  2. Shame re bidding but the semi flats look fantastic. I really enjoyed seeing your game.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I missed out on another Coldstream Guardsman, two different Fusiliers, and a figure with a home service helmet at ease.
      The games I played I tried different changes to the rules I was using.

      Delete
  3. I would say that was a very productive week - some lovely figures and a couple of what look like great games. Caesar Minis are very nice sculpts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pulled out my Caesar miniatures around Halloween to experiment on painting some of the skeleton figures. I've also been listening to a podcast called "Lore", where he mentioned goblins. I dug the goblin figures out and decided to use them in a game. Most gamers use humans as the good guys and goblins as the baddies; somehow I can't help but think that the "monsters" are the humans.

      Delete
  4. Love the idea that the 'monsters' are the good guys!!!
    The semi-flats look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess this week I'm a little cynical on humans. I do hope to use these semi rounds in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you ever decide to sell your B scale Britains, let me know.

    ReplyDelete